Richard Nicholas Formica MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Nephrology) and of Surgery (Transplant); Director of Transplant Medicine; Director Outpatient Transplantation Service; Medical Director Adult and Pediatric Kidney Transplantation; Medical Director Pancreas Transplantation
Departments & Organizations
Site principal investigator for the NIH Clinical Trials in Organ Transplantation 1 trial CTOT-1, CTOT-9 and CTOT-17; Site principal investigator for industry sponsored clinical trials-everolimus, belatacept more...
- B.A., Boston University, 1989
- M.D., Boston University School of Medicine, 1993
- Formica RN*, Barrentes B*, Asch WS, Bia, MJ, Coca S, Kalyesubula R, McCloskey B, Leary T, Arvelakis A, Kulkarni S. A one-day centralized work-up for kidney transplant recipient candidates: A quality improvement report. Am J Kid Dis 2012 Aug;60(2):288-94.
- Formica RN, Asch WS, Wagner KR, Kulkarni S. Kidney Transplantation and HIV: Does recipient privacy outweigh the donor’s right to information? Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2010; 5: 924-8.
- Formica RN, Friedman AL, Lorber MI, Smith JD, Eisen T, Bia MJ. A randomized trial comparing losartan to amlodipine as initial therapy for hypertension in the early post-transplant period. Nephol Dial Transplant 2006 May;21(5):1389-94.