Clare Ann Flannery MD
Assistant Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences (Reproductive Endocrinology) and of Medicine (Endocrinology)
Departments & Organizations
Office of Student ResearchInternal Medicine: Endocrinology; Diabetes Research Center | Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences: Reproductive Sciences: flannery lab, Discovery to Cure Internship
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus; Polycystic Ovary Syndrome; Endometrial cancer; Endometrial factors in early pregnancy loss more...
- B.A., Wellesley College, 1995
- M.D., Trinity College, Dublin Ireland, 2001
- Flannery, CA; Dufour, S; Rabøl, R; Shulman, GI; Petersen, KF. Skeletal muscle insulin resistance promotes increased hepatic de novo lipogenesis, hyperlipidemia and hepatic steatosis in the elderly. Diabetes, 61: 2711-2717, 2013.
- Flannery, CA; Rackow, B; Cong, X; Duran, E; Selen, D; Burgert, TS. Polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence: Impaired glucose tolerance occurs across the spectrum of BMI. Pediatric Diabetes, 14 (1): 42-9, 2013.
- Rabøl, R; Petersen, KF; Dufour, S; Flannery, CA; Shulman, GI. Reversal of muscle insulin resistance with exercise reduces postprandial hepatic de novo lipogenesis in insulin resistant individuals. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 108 (33): 13705-13709, 2011.