We are developing uterine gene therapy as a potential mechanism to alter the endometrium. We have demonstrated the ability to alter endometrial receptivity in the mouse. Administration of HOXA10, Lefty or EMX2 by intrauterine gene transfection alter pregnancy rates in mice. We have also demonstrated the ability to transfect the human uterus ex vivo.
- Bagot C, Troy P and Taylor HS. Alteration of Maternal HOXA10 Expression by In Vivo Gene Transfection Affects Implantation. Gene Ther 2000, 7(16):1378-1384.
- Daftary G and Taylor HS. Efficient Liposome Mediated Gene Transfection and Expression in the Intact Human Uterus. Hum Gene Ther 2001, 12(17):2121-2127.
- Bagot CN, Kliman HJ and Taylor HS. Maternal HOXA10 is Required for Pinopod Formation in the Development of Mouse Uterine Receptivity to Embryo Implantation. Dev Dyn 2001, 222(3):538-544.
- Daftary GS and Taylor HS. Reproductive tract gene transfer. Fertil Steril 2003:80(3):475-484.
- Tang M and Taylor HS, Tabibzadeh S. In vivo gene transfer of Lefty leads to implantation failure in mice. Hum Reprod 2005 20(7):1772-1778.
- Taylor HS. and Fei X. EMX2 over-expression decreases litter size by decreasing endometrial proliferation. Mol Endocrinol (In Press).