The Section offers a three-year fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine. Fellows experience core pediatric emergency medicine rotations at Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital and complementary rotations at Hartford Hospital (Medical Toxicology) and Bridgeport Hospital (General Emergency Medicine). Fellows also participate in collateral activities such as: training in information technology; certification in medical education; training in ultrasound technology; training in teaching evidence-based medicine; and, training in advanced wilderness life support. Dr. Melissa Langhan is the Director of the Fellowship Program.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Dr. Susan Walsh directs the PALS course offered by Yale Pediatrics. Check Continuing Medical Education at Yale for upcoming courses.
Section educational offerings
Section faculty and staff provide bed-side teaching daily to students in the Yale School of Medicine, Yale School of Nursing and Yale Physician Associate Program. Additionally they precept and serve as mentors for residents in Pediatrics, Medicine-Pediatrics, and Emergency Medicine.
- Dr. Allen Hsiao is the Director of the Pediatric Clerkship for the Yale Physician Associate Program.
- Dr. Linda Arnold is the Director of the Medical Student Sub-internship.
- Dr. Karen Santucci is the Director of the YSM-1 and 2 tutorial groups for the Medical Student Introduction to Pediatrics.
- Dr. Mark Cicero is the Director of Emergency Medicine Residency Pediatric Emergency Rotation.
- Dr. Antonio Riera is the Director of Pediatric and Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Emergency Rotations.