Alan S Lewis
Departments & Organizations
animal models;aggression;nicotine;nicotinic acetylcholine receptors;ion channels;neurodevelopmental disorders; autism spectrum disorder; schizophrenia more...
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Ph.D., The Graduate School, Northwestern University, 2010
- M.D., Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Med, 2012
- Lewis AS, Picciotto MR (2013) High-affinity nicotinic acetylcholine receptor expression and trafficking abnormalities in psychiatric illness. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 229:477-485.
- Lewis AS, Schwartz E, Chan CS, Noam Y, Shin M, Wadman WJ, Surmeier DJ, Baram TZ, Macdonald RL, Chetkovich DM (2009) Alternatively spliced isoforms of TRIP8b differentially control h channel trafficking and function. Journal of Neuroscience 29:6250-6265.
- Lewis AS, Vaidya SP, Blais CA, Liu Z, Stoub TR, Brager DH, Chen X, Bender RA, Estep CM, Popov AB, Kang CE, van Veldhoven PP, Bayliss DA, Nicholson DA, Powell CM, Johnston D, Chetkovich DM (2011) Deletion of the HCN channel auxiliary subunit TRIP8b impairs hippocampal Ih localization and function and promotes antidepressant behavior in mice. Journal of Neuroscience 31:7424-7440.