Behavior and Behavior Mechanisms; Cognition; Drug Utilization; Cocaine-Related Disorders; Psychiatry and Psychology
Public Health Interests
Drug Abuse/Addition; Substance abuse
- Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., Witkiewitz, K., Babuscio, T.A., & Carroll, K.M. (2014). What happens in treatment doesn’t stay in treatment: Cocaine abstinence during treatment is associated with fewer problems at follow-up. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 82(4), 619-627.
- Carroll, K.M., Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., DeVito, E.E., Decker, S., LaPaglia, D., Duffey, D., Babuscio, T.A., & Ball, S.A. (2014). Towards empirical identification of a clinically meaningful indicator of treatment outcome for drug addiction: Features of candidate indicators and evaluation of sensitivity to treatment effects and relationship to one year cocaine use follow-up outcomes. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 137: 3-19.
- Carroll, K.M., Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., Gordon, M.A., Portnoy, G. Marino, D., & Ball, S.A. (2014). Computer-assisted delivery of cognitive behavioral therapy: Efficacy and durability of CBT4CBT among cocaine dependent individuals maintained on methadone. American Journal of Psychiatry, 171: 436-444.
- Kiluk, B.D., Babuscio, T.A., Nich, C., & Carroll, K.M. (2013). Smokers versus snorters: Do treatment outcomes differ according to route of administration? Experimental and Clinical Psychopharmacology, 21: 490-498.
- Kiluk, B.D., & Carroll, K.M. (in press). Illegal drug use. In S.G. Hofman (Ed.), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: A Complete Reference Guide, Volume 2: CBT for Specific Disorders. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Kiluk, B.D., & Carroll, K.M. (2013). New developments in behavioral treatments for substance use disorders. Current Psychiatry Reports, 15, 420.
- Kiluk, B.D., Dreifuss, J.A., Weiss, R.D., Horigian, V.E., & Carroll, K.M. (2013). Psychometric properties of a Spanish-language version of the Short Inventory of Problems. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 27: 893-900.
- Kiluk, B.D., Dreifuss, J.A., Weiss, R.D., Morgenstern, J., & Carroll, K.M. (2013). The Short Inventory of Problems-Revised (SIP-R): Psychometric properties within a large, diverse sample of substance use disorder treatment seekers. Psychology of Addicti
- Carroll, K.M., & Kiluk, B.D. (2012). Integrating psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy in substance abuse treatment. In F. Rotgers, J. Morgenstern, & S.T. Walters (Eds.), Treating Substance Abuse: Theory and Technique, 3rd Edition (pp. 319-354); Guilford Pr
- Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., Sugarman, D., Gibbons, C., Martino, S., Rounsaville, B.J., & Carroll, K.M. (2011). A methodological analysis of randomized clinical trials of computer-assisted therapies for psychiatric disorders: Towards improved standards for an
- Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., & Carroll, K.M. (2011). Relationship of cognitive function and the acquisition of coping skills in computer-assisted treatment for substance use disorders. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 114: 169-176.
- Carroll, K.M., Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., Babuscio, T.A., Brewer, J.A., Potenza, M.N., Ball, S.A., Martino, S., Rounsaville, B.J., & Lejuez, C.W. (2011). Cognitive function and treatment response in a randomized clinical trial of computer-based training in
- Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., Babuscio, T.A., & Carroll, K.M. (2010). Quantity vs. quality: Acquisition of coping skills as a mediator in cognitive behavioral therapy for substance use disorders. Addiction, 105: 2120-2127.
- Kiluk, B.D., Nich, C., & Carroll, K.M. (2010). Neurocognitive indicators predict results of an informed consent quiz among substance dependent treatment seekers entering a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 71: 704-712.
- Tracy, K., Babuscio, T., Nich, C., Kiluk, B.D., Carroll, K.M., Petry, N.M., & Rounsaville, B.J. (2007). Contingency management to reduce substance use in individuals who are homeless with co-occurring psychiatric disorders. American Journal of Drug and