- Ball, S. A., Maccarelli, L. M., LaPaglia, D. M., Ostrowski, M. J., Randomized trial of dual-focused versus single-focused individual therapy for personality disorder and substance dependence. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease 199, (5), 319-328, 2011.
- Samuel, D. B, LaPaglia, D. M., Maccarelli, L. M., Moore, B. A., Ball, S. A., Personality disorders and retention in a therapeutic community for substance dependence. The American Journal on Addictions, 20 (6): 555-562, 2011.
- LaPaglia, D. M. Challenges and solutions of adding medications to specialty addiction treatment programs: A review and suggestions. Alcohol Health and Research 33, 4, 2011.
- Carroll, K.M., Nich, C., LaPaglia, D. M., Peters, E.N., Easton, C.J., Petry, N.M., Combining cognitive behavioral therapy and contingency management to enhance their effects in treating cannabis dependence: Less can be more, more or less. Addiction. 2012; 107: 1650-1659.
- LaPaglia, D., Robiner, W. N., Yozwiak, J. A., Brosig, C., Cubic, B., & Leventhal, G., The Shortage of Medical Residency Training Positions: Lessons from the Supply and Demand Imbalance in Doctoral Psychology Internships. Academic Psychiatry. 2015: 1-7.
- Serafini, K., Bryant, K., Ikomi, J., LaPaglia, D., Training Psychiatry Residents in Acupuncture for Addictions. Academic Psychiatry. 2015: 1-4.