Extensive Research Description
Back to Basics: Integration of Basic and Clinical Science in the Psychiatry Clerkship
This study compares two curricular innovations aimed at integrating basic and clinical science in the Psychiatry Clerkship: 1) a physician-scientist joining a clinician-taught Dementia lecture versus 2) an instructional video reviewing basic science concepts preceding a clinician-taught Dementia lecture.
Mental Health Self-Care in Medical Students: Barriers and Benefits to Use
This project, developed by a medical student mentee, involves a survey of all Yale medical students to assess mental and physical health care seeking, social behaviors, and barriers to self-care in medical school.
- Nespoli M, Wilkins K. Chapter 1. Interviewing The Older Adult. 3-14. Tampi RR, Williamson DJ, Eds. Fundamentals of Geriatric Psychiatry. 2013. Nova Science Publishers, Inc. ISBN: 978-1-62618-691-0.
- Kirwin PD, Wilkins KM. Training requirements in North America. In Principles and Practice of Geriatric Psychiatry, 3rd Edition. Eds. Abou-Saleh M, Katona C, Kumar A. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. January 2011.
- Clinical Assessments in Psychiatry: Mastering Skills and Passing Exams. Tampi RR, Muralee S, Weder ND, Wilkins KM. Editors. Baltimore: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. February 1, 2010. ISBN: 0781799090.
- Cleves-Bayon JC, Wilkins KM, Tampi RR. Cases That Test Your Skills: Depression or Delirium? Current Psychiatry. 2011; 10(5):82-87.
- Wilkins KM, Warnock JK. Sexual dysfunction in older women. Primary Psychiatry. 2009; 16(3):59-65.
- Wilkins KM, Lund BC, McAdams J, Yates WR. Clinical utility of routine use of the Hopkins Competency Assessment Test on an inpatient geriatric psychiatry unit. American Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias. 2009; 24(1):34-39.
- Wilkins KM, Ostroff R, Tampi RR. Efficacy of ECT in the treatment of non-depressed psychiatric illness in the elderly: a review of the literature. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology. 2008; 21:3-11.