Zubin Bhagwagar MBBS, MD, DPhil, MRCPsych
Associate Professor (Adjunct) of Psychiatry
Departments & Organizations
Social & Behavioral Health
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Yale Mood Disorders Research Program | Specialized Center of Research (SCOR) on Sex and Gender Factors Affecting Women's Health
Affective Disorders; Magnetic Resonance; Neurobiology; Neuroimaging; Neuropsychiatry; Neuroscience; Psychiatry; Psychopharmacology; Resonance Spectroscopy more...
- M.B.B.S., Maulana Azad Medical College, 1989
- M.D., Maulana Azad Medical College, 1994
- Ph.D., University of Oxford, 2004
- Abnormal prefrontal activity subserving attentional control of emotion in remitted depressed patients during a working memory task with emotional distracters. Kerestes R, Ladouceur CD, Meda S, Nathan PJ, Blumberg HP, Maloney K, Ruf B, Saricicek A, Pearlson GD, Bhagwagar Z, Phillips ML. Psychol Med. 2012 Jan;42(1):29-40. Epub 2011 Jul 7. PMID: 21733287 [PubMed - in process]
- Levetiracetam in the management of bipolar depression: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Saricicek A, Maloney K, Muralidharan A, Ruf B, Blumberg HP, Sanacora G, Lorberg B, Pittman B, Bhagwagar Z. J Clin Psychiatry. 2011 Jun;72(6):744-50. Epub 2010 Oct 19. PMID: 21034692 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Beech RD, Lowthert L, Leffert JJ, Mason PN, Taylor MM, Umlauf S, Lin A, Lee JY, Maloney K, Muralidharan A, Lorberg B, Zhao H, Newton SS, Mane S, Epperson CN, Sinha R, Blumberg H, Bhagwagar Z. 2010 Increased peripheral blood expression of electron transport chain genes in bipolar depression. Bipolar Disord. 2010 Dec;12(8):813-24.