Jacob Kraemer Tebes PhD
Professor of Psychiatry (Psychology), in the Child Study Center and of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases); Director, Division of Prevention and Community Research, Department of Psychiatry; Director, The Consultation Center; Chief Psychologist, Connecticut Mental Health Center; Program Director, NIDA T32 Postdoctoral Research Training Program in Substance Abuse Prevention
Departments & Organizations
Junior Faculty Training Program
School of Public Health
Child Study Center
Psychiatry: Connecticut Mental Health Center | Prevention and Community Research, Division of | Stress & Addiction Clinical Research Program | Psychology Section | Women's Behavioral Health Research, Division of
Community psychology; Prevention & public health; Social justice; Resilience in vulnerable populations; Prevention of adolescent substance use; Culture and human diversity; Recovery from serious mental illness; Community research methodology, including CBPR, mixed methods, and program evaluation; Transdisciplinary team science; Philosophy of science more...
- B.S., Georgetown University, 1977
- Ph.D., SUNY at Buffalo, 1984
- Tebes, J. K. (forthcoming). Foundations for a philosophy of science of community psychology: Perspectivism, pragmatism, feminism, and critical theory. In: M.A. Bond, C.B. Keys, & I. Seranno-Garcia (Eds.), Handbook of community psychology, Volume II: Methods of community psychology: Research & applications. American Psychological Association.
- Iennaco, J., Tebes, J. K., & Jacobs, S. (forthcoming). Public health concepts in public psychiatry. In S. Jacobs & J. Steiner (Eds.). The Yale Textbook of Public Psychiatry. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Thompson, A. B., Tebes, J. K., & McKee, S. A (2015). Gender differences in age of smoking initiation and its association with health. Addiction Theory & Research, Early Online: 1–8, DOI: 10.3109/16066359.2015.1022159.