About Psychosis Program
Psychosis program consists of an outpatient clinic dedicated to schizophrenia and other non-affective psychotic disorders at CMHC, and associated faculty research. At any time Psychosis Program is responsible for the care of about 500 low-income patients with schizophrenia and related disorders. Psychosis Program is staffed with four full time Yale faculty members who are board certified in psychiatry, and have additional training in either schizophrenia or internal medicine. In addition program has a staff of over 30 APRN, RNs, Social Workers, Rehab Counselors, Case Managers, Psychology and Social Work interns, Psychiatry residents, and post-docs.
Our mission is rapid knowledge transfer from science to clinical care to better the care of schizophrenia. We develop novel interventions and service delivery methods based on best scientific evidence for common clinical problems in schizophrenia. Our research is led by questions that rise in clinical care. We are also interested in translating emerging neuroscience knowledge into clinically relevant research on schizophrenia.
Development of treatments for symptoms of schizophrenia as well as associated psychiatric and somatic co-morbidity.
- Early intervention in psychosis link to STEP
- Co-delivery of primary medical and psychiatric care.
- Treatment of cognitive impairment associated with schizophrenia.
- Prevention of somatic co-morbidity in schizophrenia.
- Prevention and treatment of obesity associated with schizophrenia
- Improving diabetes care in schizophrenia.
- Treatment of nicotine addiction associated with severe mental illnesses.
- Cenk Tek, MD, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Program Director
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and of Medicine (General Medicine) and Assistant Clinical Professor of Nursing
Director, Adult Refugee clinic
Director, Wellness Center, Connecticut Mental Health Center
Assistant Clinical Professor (Social Work) of Psychiatry
Assistant Clinical Professor i
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Associate Program Director, Psychiatry Residency Training
Director, STEP Program
Program-wide phone: 203-974-7500
Outpatient Clinic – 2nd Floor
Research Lab and Step- Basement Floor
Connecticut Mental Health Center
34 Park Street
New Haven, CT 06519