Tobias Carling MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Surgery (Endocrine Surgery); Section Chief; Director, Yale Endocrine Neoplasia Laboratory; Director, Endocrine Surgery Fellowship
Departments & Organizations
Improved outcomes in minimally invasive endocrine surgery; Molecular genetics of endocrine tumors of the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal (hyperaldosteronism, hypercortisolism, adrenal cancer, pheochromocytoma) and endocrine pancreas; Familial endocrine tumor susceptibility syndromes; Regulation of calcium homeostasis more...
- Ph.D., Uppsala University, 1997
- M.D., Uppsala University, 2000
- Choi M, Scholl UI, Yue P, Björklund P, Zhao B, Nelson-Williams C, Ji W, Cho Y, Patel A, Lolis E, Wisgerhof MV, Geller DS, Mane S, Hellman, P, Westin G, Åkerström G, Wang W, Carling T, Lifton RP. 2011. K+ channel mutations in adrenal aldosterone-producing adenomas and hereditary hypertension. Science 331:768-772.
- Starker LF, Mahajan A, Sze G, Udelsman R, & Carling T 2011. 4D-Parathyroid CT Scan as the Initial Localization Study in de Novo Primary Hyperparathyroidism. Annals of Surgical Oncology
- Carling T , Long WD, Udelsman R. 2010. Controversy Surrounding the Role for Routine Central Lymph Node Dissection for Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. Curr Opin Oncol. (1):30-4.