Yale Organ Transplantation and Immunology
The Yale-New Haven Organ Transplant Center (YNHTC) is a multi-disciplinary team of physicians and caregivers, dedicated to the care of patients with end-stage organ failure who might benefit from transplantation.
- Largest kidney transplantation program in New England region.
- Nationally recognized pediatric liver transplant program in both patient outcomes and number of living donor transplants performed.
- Largest living donor kidney transplantation program in New England region.
- First Connecticut institution to provide kidney, liver and pancreas transplantation services.
- First kidney paired exchange in Connecticut.
- Performed the first split-liver transplant in the Connecticut.
- Strong multidisciplinary collaborative relationships that combine excellent clinical care delivery with basic science in order to develop cutting edge and innovative research.
- Access to a variety of clinical trials.
- Transplant surgeons and physicians meet weekly to establish the most appropriate treatment recommendations for each patient.