Brian Richard Smith MD
Professor of Laboratory Medicine, of Biomedical Engineering, of Medicine (Hematology) and of Pediatrics; Chair, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Professor of Laboratory Medicine, of Biomedical Engineering, of Medicine (Hematology) and of Pediatrics
Departments & Organizations
Program for Biomedical Ethics
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Cancer Center, Yale: Cancer Immunology
Internal Medicine: Hematology
Pediatrics: Center for X-Linked Hypophosphatemia, Yale
Laboratory Medicine: Hematology Laboratory | Clinical Immunology | Clinical Hematology | Immune Monitoring Core Facility
Immunology and Immunotherapy
Inflammation-Coagulation Interface; Hematology; Bioethics; Biomedical Engineering; Laboratory Medicine Education; Therapeutic Pathology more...
- B.A., Princeton University, 1972
- M.D., Harvard University, 1976
- Truong F, Smith, BR, Stachurski D, Cerny J, Medeiros LJ, Woda BA, Wang SA. The Utility of Flow Cytometric Immunophenotyping in Cytopenic Patients with a Non-Diagnostic Bone Marrow- A Prospective Study. 2009. Leuk Res 33: 1039-46.
- Smith BR. Therapeutic Pathology: Time to Move Beyond Diagnostics. 2008. Hum Pathol 39: 1725-7.
- Rinder CS, Smith MJ, Rinder HM, Cortright DN, Brodbeck RM, Krause JE, Smith BR. Leukocyte effects of C5a-receptor blockade during simulated extracorporeal circulation. Ann Thorac Surg. 2007 Jan83(1):146-52.